Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our little girl is growing up... 12/30/09

When Kaylee was in preschool she started asking if she could get her ears pierced, Nick thought she was to young for that so he told her that she couldn't get it done until she is 8. (It seemed really far away to him at the time) So for the past four years I have been listening to her count down until she was able to start wearing earrings. About two weeks before Kaylee's 8th birthday I asked Nick if he was still going to let her get her ears pierced. He said, "Don't mention it to her, maybe she will forget." I assured him that she would not forget since she has been looking forward to it for so long. Then I asked him why he was changing his mind. He said that seeing those earrings every day would just be another sign of how his little girl is growing up. Awww poor Nick. :) But he knew that it would be right to change his mind and so the day after her birthday we headed over to the mall.

Here is her before picture. She was so excited that she didn't even give herself a chance to be nervous.
I think it made it a little better for her that the lady who pierced her ears goes to our church so she felt comfortable with her. She sat completely still and did not move a single muscle. She didn't even flinch after the first one went in.
Now it is time for the other side... (notice she is still in the same position with the same look on her face)

Tah Dah!!!!!!!! Here is the finished product. It was a long six weeks for her to wait until she could take them out, but now she takes great pride in changing her earrings every day to match her outfits.

No comments: