I started a new chore system with the girls. I started by typing up a list of families rules.
I then made a chart for each of the girls with a list of chores on it. The older two girls list are the same (they just switch off weeks of loading and unloading the dishwasher, and sweeping and vacuuming the floor)Brooklyn's is little different because I had to find chores that were a little easier for her to do since she can't reach the cabinets that the dishes go in yet. :)
The way it works is that every time they do one of the chores on their list they get to mark it off (I laminated them so markers easily wipe off so we can reuse them). For every 25 they get marked off they can earn the chance to stay up 30 minutes later on the weekend. There are 56 circles so they have the possibility to earn the chance to stay up on both weekend days. As an extra incentive, if they get all 56 circles marked up they earn what we call "Clair's Bucks". Clair's is the girls favorite accessory store in the mall. At the end of the month I take them to the mall so they can spend their Clair's bucks. So far it is working great. Hopefully it last. When they get tired of Clair's I may have to find a new incentive, but for now they are very excited about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment