This is what my kitchen currently looks like.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Cooking in the rain...
As most of you know we have been trying to do a remodel on our kitchen since we bought this house but it has taken two years to finally get it going. So now we are starting the process. All the cabinets are ordered and are set to be here on the 18th of this month. We also had to order all new appliances because the ones we had in here were junk. There is no dishwasher, the refrigerator died a couple of months ago (that's right I have not had a fridge in my kitchen for over two months) and only two burners on the stove worked. So to make a long story short the appliances arrived on Saturday and are stacked in the garage awaiting their new home in my kitchen. Nick is going to be doing most of the work on his own with the help of his friend Ryan when he is available. So when the appliance guys came to drop off the new stuff they took the old stove with them to recycle. Now I am left with no stove and no fridge (we do have a working fridge in the garage that we keep our stuff in just in case you were wondering) but I was not too worried about it because I had "my plan". It is only going to be a month that I am with out so I figured I can just make due with my crock pot, camping stove, and grill. Yesterday was my first day of cooking with "my plan". Nick didn't have time to get the camping stove out and set up for me yesterday, but not to worry, I had a back up plan for "my plan". The grill has a burner on it so I would just use that. So I set out last night to prepare dinner for my family on the grill, which would usually not be a problem, except for the fact that this would of course be the day that it decides to rain in San Diego. So there I was outside cooking in the rain. The stuff I had in the pot on the burner would not cook because the rain kept putting the flame out, and the stuff in the grill took forever to cook because it was so cold and wet. So it wasn't the best dinner, but at least my family was fed right. I may have to rethink "my plan".
This is what my kitchen currently looks like.

This is what my kitchen currently looks like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's how my kitchen looked when we got here, except yours is clean! I hope you come up with "plan c" pretty soon. You could always do microwave cooking too. I'm sure you could find some good microwave recipes online.
That's too bad, but how fun and exciting to get a new kitchen. New appliances are so nice to have. Will you be getting a dishwasher too?
I know you've been waiting for this for a long time. I remember the YW coming to your house to clean when you were on bedrest with Brooklyn and you were talking about it! You're always welcome to come use my stuff. I know it's not convenient, but it's here if you want it. And thanks for your nice comments on my blog. We really wanted it to be something more than the usual boring ones, too. Thanks for your help, too!
Rain? Whatever...Eskimos cook in the snow! ;-)
Actually - I love your plan. And that totally sucks that day 1 it rained. But hey, you'll be prepared for all the future camping trips, right?
We'll be sure to have you over for dinner a lot, since Ryan has been so encouraging in this effort to temporarily rob you of your cooking facilities. :-)
Hopefully the camp chef will help a bit!
Post a Comment