Wednesday, November 12, 2008
New Goal...
So I was at a friends house the other day and we got to talking about giving birthday/holiday cards and gifts. During this conversation I realized how horrible I am at this. It's not because I don't care, I just get busy and forget (which isn't really a good excuse). I always have good intentions to remember to show my appreciation for people by acknowledging them with a kind note or a little gift, and you would think it would be easy since I do enjoy making cards, but I always forget/get lazy and don't end up sending anything out. For example last year when I was on bed rest with Brooklyn I decided to make all my Christmas cards and send them out to my friends and family. So I made them all and they are all still sitting in my drawer waiting to be mailed (which means I was a loser last Christmas, but I am all set for this Christmas). So this is my new goal. I am going to get better at remembering acknowledge people. Not just when it comes to birthdays/holidays, but all year round. Life is too short and I would feel really bad if someone didn't know how I felt about them. So I am going to start today by telling the person who's house I was at when I realized this about me (she should know who she is) how much I appreciate her and her friendship and all she does to help me. Wish me luck on my new goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You just have to be careful of the high expectations that this sometimes creates :) Good luck with your new goal! It's a good one!
Post a Comment