
I have always wanted to have my own garden and enjoy fresh yummy
vegetables from my own yard, but we have never been able to have one for one reason or another. So this year I was determined to have a garden. I even went over to a friends house to watch them plant their garden so I would know what to do. After weeks of begging Nick to till up the back yard for me so I could start my garden...and weeks of him working late and doing activities with the boy scouts on the weekend, I realized that was not going to happen. So I took matters into my own hands. I decided to do some
container gardening until next year when I plant a 'real' garden (Nick promised that we would have one next year). I planted tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, hot peppers, and
radishes. I was getting very discouraged because all of my bell peppers, cucumbers, and some of my
tomato plants died. But today when I went out to water my remaining plants and check on their progress. I was SO excited to see my first little
tomato peeking out. (I don't know if you can really see it in the picture, but it's the little green ball toward the top) I have never grown anything before, so this is a big deal to me. I can't wait until it gets bigger.
6 comments:
Woohoo!!! I can't wait to see my first tomato. It's just now starting to sprout some flower buds. :-) Congratulations!
Yeah! it's so funny isn't it. It's even better when you get it eat it?
Congratulations!!! :) You're doing great.
Great Job. That very first one is always the most exciting. But just wait till you get to eat it, it gets better.
Just figuring this blogging business out. When you leave a comment on my blog, can I respond to your comment right from my blog or do I go into yours. AND how do I know your blog address? I'm so dumb at this...
Hi, Candi,
Thanks for your help. I DO see your tomato! That's great. :-)
Post a Comment