Monday, August 25, 2008

One Down, One To Go...

Courtney started her first day of preschool today. She was a little sad last week when I told her that she wasn't going to have the same teachers she had last year and that there wouldn't be any of the same kids in her class from last either. But she was very excited to wear some of her new school clothes that have been off limits for the last month. (there is no doubt she is my child) She came running out this morning and the first words of mouth, before even asking for food which is usually what it is (again, totally my child), she asked if she could get dressed. She picked her outfit out all by herself and insisted that she could not wear socks with outfit because it looked better without. After getting all ready we were off. I thought she may be a little clingy to me because she didn't know anyone, but we had no problems. I guess she is used to it now since it is her second year. She said she had a fun day and is ready to go back tomorrow.
Kaylee on the other hand still has another week of vacation. Although her and her sister have been doing nothing but arguing for past few weeks (did I mention how excited I am that school is starting) as soon as we got home from dropping Courtney off, all she kept saying is how bored she was. It will be so good for them to be back in school so they are not stuck inside all the time.

Here she is all decked out in the "perfect" outfit.

There goes my baby walking off to go to preschool, not even stopping to turn around and say goodbye to her mom.

This is her teacher Mrs. Tracey.

She is so cute!

I had to put this picture up here just because of the expression on the face of the boy in front of her. I laughed so hard when I saw this picture.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ummm, does Courtney's outfit come in grown up sizes? It is waaaay cute!!! My mom had the same rule with me when I was a kid - not allowed to wear school clothes until school starts. Perhaps that's their sneaky plan to get us excited to go back to school. I think Moms should get a new "back to school" wardrobe, too!