Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nick's favorite holiday things...

Yesterday Nick came home from work and said, "It's finally feeling a little bit like the holidays are coming." It is sometimes hard to get into the feel of the holidays when you are still wearing Capri's and flip flops in November. So that got us talking about some of our favorite things this time of year. So here is how my conversation with Nick went. Some of the things on his list were the cooler weather, building a fire in the fire place, being together as a family... I was totally following him at this point and we were totally on the same page, then he added this. "Nothing says the holidays are here more than fresh baked cookies and a nice cold cup of Gatorade." My response: "Huh???? Gatorade??? Really???" Nick: "Yeah I love it. It really brings the feel of the holidays together." Me: "What??? Well I guess I have never really thought of Gatorade that way, but if you say so."

So I decided to be a nice wife and after I put the girls to bed I made him a batch of cookies and I went to the store and got him two bottles of Gatorade. Doesn't if just feel so good to give your husband the things he loves. So I proudly walked his cookies and Gatorade over to him. He looked at me and said, "What's this?" I happily said, "I didn't realized you liked cookies and Gatorade so much so I just wanted to give you what you wanted." Nick: "Ooops I don't think I meant to say Gatorade." After a little investigating I figured out that he actually meant to say cookies and egg nog (which made much more sense to me). He did enjoy his cookies and Gatorade though and it was really funny. I don't think I will ever be able to go threw the holidays now without thinking about Nicks "love" for this special holiday treat. :)

7 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

hahahahahahahahaha....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh boy...that is HILARIOUS!!

Dee Dee said...

Oh my gosh. That's hysterical!!!!! And you are such a nice wife!

BiggsFamily said...

ha ha. That is so funny!! And so sweet of you to do!! Ha ha. I am just still laughing!!

Sharon said...

lol, I was laughing that was so funny. My kids love egg nog too.

Gina said...

Awesome! So sweet of you to want to do fulfill his holiday wishes!

Naomi said...

I'm not a fan of eggnog. So maybe I'll try this! Too funny!!

Jenn said...

Reading that reminded me of FREQUENT grocery trips to the store we made for Nick's eggnog fix! YUCK! Wish he did like Gatorade instead so we could have all drank it! :) BTW, Nice job wife of the year!