Monday, November 9, 2009

Ode to sailing...

Well as most of you know my husband is a sailor threw and threw. He loves EVERYTHING about it. He bought his beloved boat about 4 years ago and we have spent the past four years enjoying it. It is also not much of a secret that I am not as much of a lover of sailing, however I have tried. I even took sailing lessons. Now the time has come to say goodbye to the 6th member of the Hunter family. Nick will be gone most of next year so it really didn't make much sense paying a monthly slip fee and cleaning fee when nobody would be using it. So on Saturday we sold the boat. (I will let you take a moment of silence to mourn Nick's pain)................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................
Nick is still a bit sad, oh who am I kidding, he is really sad but is already planning on the bigger and better boat next time he goes on shore duty and has time to sail it. So in honor of Nick here is a look back at the past four years of sailing...




"Ummm does anyone know how to sail this thing?"
Look how young my little Courtney is.



Kaylee was a sailing pro right from the beginning.
The only thing I will miss about sailing is how cute Nick looks while he's sailing.
Nick and Kaylee's favorite thing to do while sailing was to stop and jump into the bay for a little swim. (I am not sure why these next two pictures went on here sideways)

Even Oscar liked the boat.
Brooklyn was just starting to get to where she kinda liked it.


"WEEEE!!!!" Nick learned the hard way that when you jump into the bay ALWAYS hold onto the rope just in case the wind picks up and the boat takes off.



This is the last picture of the girls at the boat. They went there with Nick last weekend to take the pictures to put on craigslist.
It was fun while it lasted...but I'm sure it won't be long until we find our next adventure.
So this is TO BE CONTINUED.....................

6 comments:

Rob n Katie' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob n Katie' said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Oh so sad. :) but it looks like you enjoyed it while you had it.

Gina said...

I'm glad to have had the opportunity to meet your boat. Tell Nick I'm sorry for his loss and he will be in my prayers.

BiggsFamily said...

Oh, that makes me so sad!! Willey is going to be heartbroken!! Well I am glad that we got to share just a few memories with you all on the boat!!

Jenn said...

ugh. how incredibly sad am I for him :( Emily is going to be heartbroken as well. It was fun while it lasted tho! RIP