Thursday, November 19, 2009

WOW...That's Blue

So our neighbor right across the street from us decided to re-stucco his house. The past few days there have workers out cleaning and prepping it for "the big day". Nick and I thought it was really cool because all the houses around here are really old and in need of a little freshening up. (ours included) It will be nice to have our neighborhood looking nicer. Well yesterday was the final day...painting day. A day that should be a happy day. Until I looked out my living room window to find this...

(This picture does not do justice to just how BRIGHT this house is)
Are you kidding me??? I feel like I'm living across the street from the Smurfs. I am not sure why they decided to add that white stripe down the middle, other than to just add to it's awesomeness. :) Now when I pull into my driveway the blue from this house reflects of my living room windows and I feel like I am in a swimming pool.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

6 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

hahahahahahaha....oh boy, I feel your pain (just not quite as much)! One of the abandoned houses on our street was bought and fixed up SOOO much nicer than it's previous state and we were so thrilled...until the day that they painted it BRIGHT BLUE (although I don't think it's quite as vibrant blue as your neighbor's) and now it's an eyesore again (just devoid of the piles of junk and graffiti). Sigh.

Sharon said...

Hey at least you have a great land mark to find your house right! hahaha. It's even better than you described it yesterday.

Naomi said...

OH..MY...GOODNESS!! Yeah. I don't know what they were thinking. Yuck. I'm so sorry that you have to look at that.

BiggsFamily said...

Ha ha, You must be burning so many calories with all the things that make you laugh! Ha ha. I am sorry! I wonder what makes people decide to do things like that?

Crystal said...

Hopefully it will fade over time and not be such an eyesore.

Gina said...

Well, now you just need to paint your house hot pink.