Thursday, March 4, 2010

Brooklyn's Party in the Park... 2/13/10

Since Brooklyn's birthday was on a Sunday this year we decided to celebrate it on Saturday with some of her friends. I was trying to keep things simple this year since I thought Nick wasn't going to be here and I was going to be doing it on my own. I decided it would be nice to have it at a park this year since the weather was supposed to be nice that day (which it really was). The parks in San Diego tend to be really busy with birthday parties on Saturday afternoon so I was a little worried about it being packed, but it turned out to be okay. I went to the dollar store and got a bunch of outside activities for the kids to do that day to keep them busy and happy. Everyone seemed to have a good time and Brooklyn was very happy to spend her day with her friends and family.

We of course couldn't have a party without and Ariel cake.
I couldn't seem to get them to understand that you don't have to blow these bubbles with your mouth, all you have to do is wave the wand. It was cute none the less.


I think the kites were the biggest hit of the day. Everyone got their own kite and the wind was perfect for kite flying.

And whats a party in the park without a little Frisbee.

We completed the day with some time on the playground.

Happy 2nd birthday Brooklyn!!!

No comments: