The big girls jumped straight into his arms.
Monday, March 1, 2010
Daddy is that you?... 2/13/10
We didn't find out that Nick was going to get presidents day weekend off until the Thursday before, and since it had been close to two months since we had seen him, we thought it would be nice to have him home for the weekend. I had already planned to have a birthday party for Brooklyn that weekend so we thought it would be fun to have him surprise the girls at the party. So I took the girls and my mom and sister to the park to start setting up for the party. I told the girls that I had forgotten the ice cream at home (which actually turned out to be true) so I would need to leave to go get it. Little did they know I was also going up to the airport to get their dad. When we showed back up at the park they were all sitting at the picnic table looking at us as we walked closer to them. It took them a minute to realize who was with me, but as soon they did they took off running straight for him. It was so sweet. These pictures don't fully capture the excitement they expressed that day, but it's the best I have.
The big girls jumped straight into his arms.
Brooklyn wasn't quite as fast as the other girls, but it didn't take her long to catch up.
The big girls jumped straight into his arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sweet!
I guess I'm like Courtney. That brought tears to my eyes.
You could tell they were so happy to see him :) Glad he was able to come home for the celebration!
Not many things can make me tear up these days.... that did it!!! SOOO BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment