As parents we try really hard to instill all the things in our children that we feel are important for them to know. For us having a strong relationship with their Heavenly Father is very important for our kids to understand. It is always nice as a mom to see your hard work pay off and their spiritual sides really shinning thru. On Thursday when I picked the girls up from school and was heading over to a friends house who was going to babysit them for me when Courtney said, "Mom guess what I found out at school today, you are not going to believe it!!" There were many thoughts going thru my head at that second as to what she was about to tell me, but the main one was 'Oh great, this isn't going to be good'. So I asked her what she found out. She took in a deep breath and said, "I am the only one of my friends who goes to church. Can you believe that?! Why would anybody not go to church? That just does not make sense!" After I was done having a silent sigh of relief along with a little chuckle we were able to have a nice discussion about how some people choose not to go to church and some just don't know about church, but that we are very blessed to have the church in our lives.
Earlier today Kaylee was looking for the power cord for her camera so she could charge the battery. She came out in the family room and said "Mom it worked, I prayed and it worked!! I couldn't find my cord so I prayed and I never stopped looking and then I found it, isn't that awesome!" Then tonight when I went in the girls rooms to check on them and tuck them into bed I found her in bed reading her scriptures. It's moments like these that really makes my heart full and happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment