Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rock n Roll Marathon... 6/6/2010

Aside from the Rock n Roll Marathon being a fun way to spend your day, it is also very important because it is in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. My friends grandpa passed away from leukemia four years ago so it is a cause that is really close to all our hearts. I was hoping to be able to run in the race this year, but it sold out before I had a chance to register. Because it is so important to us though we want to at least have some part in it so we decided to sign up as volunteers. Other than having to get up at 4:00am it was a LOT of fun.

Me, Jeanine, and Amy
The back of my shirt
Linda, me, Jeanine, and Amy

One of our jobs was making sure there were cups of water ready to give to the runners. We were working at mile 20 so they were really thirsty by the time they got to us, which meant setting up a ton of cups.

After the cups were all set up we went over to cheer on the runners. The other workers who were there were cheering a little too softly so I stepped in to show them how it's done. I could hardly speak by the end of the day. :)
We were so beat and tired by the time we got home, it was totally worth it though and something that I would definitely do again. (If I'm not running in it next time that is)

1 comment:

BiggsFamily said...

Im jealous I wasn't there with you guys!! It looks like you had a blast and it was for a great cause!! Way to show your support!