This face pretty much sums up what I've been dealing with all day. Too bad you all don't have the sound to go with it. :)
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Itchy Itchy Chicken Pox...
On Sunday I noticed a little rash starting on Courtney but I didn't really think much of it because it just looked like maybe she had gotten a few flea bites or something. Yesterday when I checked her it had gotten worse but I still didn't think too much of it because she has always had problems with her skin and has always suffered from eczema. This morning before school I checked her out and it had spread even more. I thought, wow this must be a really bad eczema out break. Since she wasn't running a fever or showing any other signs of being sick so I sent her to school and told her I would make her a doctor appointment so we could get her eczema prescription refilled. I was taken by surprise this afternoon as we were sitting in the doctors office as the nurse was taking all Courtney's vital signs she had Courtney lift up her shirt so she could see the rash and she said, "WOW, THAT IS CHICKEN POX!!" I was first surprised because I've never had a nurse give a diagnosis before the doctor had seen the patient, and second because I hadn't thought it would be chicken pox since it didn't look like what I remembered chicken pox to look like. I remember them being everywhere all over my body when I was little and having a blister on them, plus I was really sick with a fever. She didn't have any blisters or pimple heads. When the doctor came in she took one look and confirmed it was in fact chicken pox. She told me that the reason they look a little different than from when I was a kid is because now a days with all the vaccines that are given chicken pox have become a more mild mutated version of what chicken pox used to be. I have always been really good at keeping my girls immunizations up to date so I never thought I would have to deal with this. The doctor informed me that although it is rare for someone that has had the vaccine to get chicken pox, it does still happen. Out of all my girls of course it had to happen to Courtney. (She seems to get everything, and she is the most dramatic). Hopefully they will go away by the end of the week and hopefully the other girls won't get them.
This face pretty much sums up what I've been dealing with all day. Too bad you all don't have the sound to go with it. :)
I tried to get a picture of what they look like but it wasn't coming out too clearly. The majority of the bigger clusters are on her chest and stomach, but I didn't feel comfortable of taking a picture of her chest and putting it on here so I go some of the ones on her back. (On a side note, I never realized how bony her back is. I promise I feed her all the time.)
This face pretty much sums up what I've been dealing with all day. Too bad you all don't have the sound to go with it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
aww poor courtney! hang in the guys :(
Such a sad face! Hope you all can endure the week.
Poor Courtney she looks so sad.
Poor Courtney!! I hope she is feeling better!!!
Post a Comment