Every year on New Years Eve Kaylee always tells me that she is going to stay up until midnight because she wants to see what the "big deal" is about ringing in the new year. So far she has not been able to keep herself awake long enough, but she assured me that this was the year that she would for sure be staying up until midnight. After meeting our friends, the Melcher family, for dinner at John's Incredible Pizza Co (which is my girls very favorite place to eat/play), we went over to our other friends house, the Aiono's for a little New Years Eve party. The adults sat around and talked while all the kids ran around the house and played. None of my girls are really night owls so I wasn't surprised when one by one they started falling asleep in different rooms around the Aiono's house. I did feel really bad for Kaylee though when I walked into the living room and found her fast asleep on the couch (at 10:30) because I know how hard she was trying to stay awake. The next morning she informed me that next year she will "for sure" stay awake the whole time. We shall see... :)Saturday, January 8, 2011
New Years Eve...
Every year on New Years Eve Kaylee always tells me that she is going to stay up until midnight because she wants to see what the "big deal" is about ringing in the new year. So far she has not been able to keep herself awake long enough, but she assured me that this was the year that she would for sure be staying up until midnight. After meeting our friends, the Melcher family, for dinner at John's Incredible Pizza Co (which is my girls very favorite place to eat/play), we went over to our other friends house, the Aiono's for a little New Years Eve party. The adults sat around and talked while all the kids ran around the house and played. None of my girls are really night owls so I wasn't surprised when one by one they started falling asleep in different rooms around the Aiono's house. I did feel really bad for Kaylee though when I walked into the living room and found her fast asleep on the couch (at 10:30) because I know how hard she was trying to stay awake. The next morning she informed me that next year she will "for sure" stay awake the whole time. We shall see... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment