Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Courtney!... 3/30/2011

I can't believe our little Courts is 7 years old! I know that everyone says this about seeing their kids getting older, but seriously the time has gone by SO fast. Courtney is a sweet little girl that is so fun to have around. She loves to act silly and laugh with her friends, she can be shy when put on the spot about something, but get her going and she will never stop talking. :) She is also very caring and never wants to hurt anyones feelings. She has a wild sense of style, but it only adds to her fun personality. We love you Courts, Happy Birthday!!

On the day of her birthday we just had a small family party at the house. We waited until after dad got home from work and dinner was finished, then it was FINALLY (that was her word) time for cake and presents.
She had asked for this harmonica for Christmas so she was SO excited when she opened a gift from her grandma and grandpa to find this shinny little noise maker inside the box. :)

BUSTED!!! Someone got a little impatient during present time with a chocolate cake sitting just steps away waiting to be eaten, so she had to sneak a little taste.



There are two of our friends house that we go to sometimes that although they no longer have small kids in their houses, they have tons of Lego's for visiting kids to play with. My girls LOVE this. I don't know why it has never occurred to me to buy any of them Lego's before, but about a week before Courtney's birthday we were over at one of their houses for a missionary farewell and Courtney spent the entire time playing with the Lego's (she wouldn't even stop to eat). So on our way to the car that night she said, "Can I PLEASE have some Lego's for my birthday!" So she was so excited when she opened her present from us. *On a side note, it ended up being just as much of a present for me as it was for her. That little box of Lego's keep all three girls busy for hours without them wanting to watch a movie or play a video game. So it was a win win for everyone. :)



Okay back to the birthday celebration. There is one that Courtney has been begging me to buy her but I wouldn't do it. She has been asking for a chain that she can hang on her belt loops "just like Uncle Cory's". When I told her I wasn't going to get her one of those she started hanging her necklaces from her belt loops. (I told you she has a wild sense of style) When I told my brother this story he thought it was so great that she wants to be like him that he sent her his chain for her birthday. She was a little disappointed when we told her that she was only aloud to wear it around the house and has to leave it at home when we go places. But she quickly got over it and immediately strapped it to her pants. She was a very happy girl that night.

When my brother was here for Christmas I was teaching him how to make cards. I guess that got his creative juices flowing because he made this cute card for Courtney to go along with the chain. He didn't have any craft supplies at his house when he was making it so he just started cutting pictures out of magazines and gluing them on top of each other. It turned out really cute.

Then it was time for cake which pleased Brooklyn very much.

I think Courtney had a very good birthday, but it didn't end there....

No comments: