Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Impetigo... 7/25/2011

Seriously, if there is a strange disease out there Courtney is going to be the one to catch it. So I shouldn't have been surprised when the school called me and told me that I need to take her to the doctor right away because she has impetigo. I didn't even know what it was so I had to look it up on the Internet to find out that it is a staph infection. It started in the corner of her mouth and I thought it was a cold sore so that is what I was treating it for. But it ended up spreading all over her face and into her eyes (that's how fast this thing spreads because it wasn't anywhere else except her lip when she went to school). So she ended up having to be in quarantine for the rest of the week because it is very contagious. It is so contagious in fact that I had to wash her bedding ever single night so that she wouldn't keep spreading it all over her body. (which let me tell you is quite the pain when she sleeps on the top bunk). Her eye and all the smaller spots cleared up after just a couple of days, but the big spot on her lip took over a week to be fully gone. She is left with a scar on the corner of her mouth, which the doctor had warned us would probably happen. Hopefully it will continue to fade as she gets older. Luckily nobody else in the house got it.



1 comment:

Sherrie said...

She is too cute to be sick!