Saturday, December 31, 2011
Kaylee's Birthday Celebration...
Kaylee has been really sad lately that her dad was going to miss her birthday again this year, so I decided to make it as special for her as I could until her dad could come home and celebrate again with her. We started the morning by singing happy birthday to her with a pan of cinnamon rolls.


I had worked it out with one of Kaylee's friends moms to have her come over and spend the whole day with us. Kaylee was so excited to have Savannah over. For lunch we had several of our friends come over and have lunch and open presents with us. Kaylee definitely got spoiled in the present department.





This is Kaylee's "Oh my goodness, you got me a nintendo DS! I have the best parents ever!!" face.

After presents were done we had a couple of Christmas crafts for the kids to do (which lasted for a couple of minutes and then turned into all the parents sitting around the table finishing their crafts for them while they went out to play, haha)

Then it was time for the real fun to begin... It was off for a little pampering with mani/pedi's. The girls absolutely loved this part (a couple of them even said that this was "the best day of their lives") It was really fun to see the colors that the girls chose, each one reflecting their personality.







After the nail salon Kim and I took our girls to base to continue the party while everyone else had to leave to do other things. First stop was the bowling alley. Other than a little melt down from Kaylee where she burst into tear saying that she wished her daddy could be here with her and that she really missed him (in front of everyone at the bowling alley), everyone seemed to have fun. They did much better at it than I thought they would. We split the girls up so the older four (Kaylee, Courtney, Savannah, and Azure) were on one lane and the the younger two (Brooklyn and Skyla) were on their own lane. Brooklyn won the game between her and Skyla and came over to where Kim and I were sitting and said, "where is my trophy?" I guess I dropped the ball on that one. :)



This is Savannah's "I just got a strike" pose. It was really funny!

Can these two be any bigger posers?

It won't be too long until Brockton is too big to fit on Brooklyn's lap, he is such a big boy. :)
Everyone worked up quite the appetite so we walked over to the pizza place to refuel and fill our bellies. None of the kids wanted to sit with Kim and I, which I must admit we were totally okay with. :)


The last stop on our agenda was to the movie theater to see Jack and Jill. The kids thought this movie was hilarious, but I thought it was a little weird. I guess the important part is that they liked it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment