Tuesday, May 22, 2012

VTC

Today the girls and I were so lucky to have the chance to go to base and have a VTC (Video teleconference) with Nick from his ship. This isn't something they do that often, actually this is only the second time we have ever got to do one in the 12 years that Nick has been in the navy. They set up a tv in one of the offices and we get to go in there by ourselves and talk for whatever amount of time they had allotted. This time we were given 30 minutes to talk which was awesome since last year when we got to do this we only got 8 minutes. There was a little bit of a delay and the sound quality wasn't very good which made it really hard for Nick to hear us, but that didn't really matter, I was just as happy to sit there and look at him for the entire 30 minutes. The girls were so excited that they were a little hyper and all wanted to talk at the same time which made it even harder for him to hear. :) I will be so happy when this deployment is over, but in the mean time I am grateful for blessing like this where we are able to stay connected.

No comments: