Saturday, July 18, 2009
Boyscout camp...
After we left Sea World I picked Dee Dee up and we drove out to Mataguay boyscout camp. It was still so hot outside and for some reason my air conditioning wasn't really working in the 4-runner so the drive up was pretty miserable. But once we got there it was pretty nice. The girls hadn't seen Nick in a week so they were really excited to see their dad. All the scouts knew that I was coming up there with the girls, but Eric did not know that his mom was coming with me. It was really fun seeing how excited he was to see his mom. We visited with Nick and the boys for awhile before we went to dinner. After dinner we stayed for the final camp fire. It was pretty interesting. The staff leaders put on a bunch of little skits. Some of them were pretty funny, but others were just weird or really gross. This was my first time at scout camp, and I don't have any boys of my own, but while watching the skits you quickly got a feel for what boy humor is like. (it is much different than girl humor) My two older girls had a blast watching those skits tho. They ended the night with a retiring of the flags ceremony. I have never seen a ceremony like that before, but it was very touching. After the campfire we made our journey back home. It went much smoother than on the way there. I don't know if it was because it was not as hot, or because my girls were sleeping and quiet, or because Dee Dee and I talked the whole time, but the time went by pretty fast for me. Which was good because I was pretty tired from our busy day of activities.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for letting me tag along with you. It was fun. Boy humor is VERY different than girl humor. Unfortunately, that's all that I have. I still can't think about the fish drink without gagging.
Post a Comment