But my story doesn't end here. After spending all the time making the dough, letting it rise, rolling it out, spreading out the filling, rolling it up and cutting it into little pin wheels, and then letting it rise again...it was finally time to bake it. So I put it in the oven and while it was cooking I needed to run up to the girls school and drop off some paper work. But nothing to worry about, Nick was here so he could watch my cinnamon rolls for me. Or so I thought. I set the timer for him and asked him to listen for the timer. Unfortunately he did not hear the timer go off so when I got home about 45 minutes later my cinnamon rolls were still in the oven. Ooops! He felt bad. They were still edible, but they were pretty dry.
So although this attempt didn't go so well...I am not going to give up. There will be a round 2. (I'm just not sure when yet)
4 comments:
Oh what a bummer, that's so sad after all that work. If your interested I have a really quick and easy dough recipe for cinnamin rolls. You dn't have to let them rise, you just let the yeast, water, oil and sugar set for 10 minutes and that's it. Even after they roll out you don't hav eto let them rise. Good luck on your second attempt.
I think they still look good! We, too, have a great recipe--many of them. Mom's, grandma's, Aunt's and we have a couple of cookbooks that the ladies of different wards in Idaho and Wyoming put together. But I think it's great you made them!
I am very proud of you. It is a little intimidating for some people to work with yeast. YOU DID IT!!!! It gets easier from here.
Well, one thing's for sure - they look amazing! One of these days I'll get over my fear as well...
Post a Comment