Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Brooklyn's first trip to the dentist...

It seems like we have been spending a lot of time at the dentist lately. Last week it was Courtney, and tomorrow Kaylee has to have root canals done. But today it was Brooklyn's turn. This was her fist time going to the dentist. She was just having a routine cleaning done, but I was a little worried how she would feel about this, to my surprise she did really well. She stayed so still and opened her mouth for the lady every time she asked. She was also very curious and every five seconds she was asking the lady "what's that" and pointing at everything. She would just laugh and answered all of Brooklyn's questions. They all thought she was quite cute, which I would have to agree with.
The girls go to a pediatric dentist so from the second you walk thru the door it is like the Disney land of dentists. They have two waiting room. When you first walk in you go straight into the first waiting room that looks like you are inside a big space ship. The ceiling even has black panels on it with twinkle lights to make it look like stars are out. They have TVs and video games to keep the kids entertained while you wait. Then you walk thru the arch way into the other waiting room where the check-in desk is and it looks like you are walking into a story book. There are cobble stones and mushroom statues everywhere. They have these big trees with funny faces lining the door way, and the seats look like tree logs. They also have a big TV in that room that is inside of a castle. So the girls are too busy having fun to focus on what is about to happen. It's pretty cool.

Here is Brooklyn playing video games in the space ship room waiting for them to call her name.
She climbed right up into the chair all ready to go. They have a TV on the wall (that is what she is looking in this picture) and one mounted in the ceiling to keep them busy as well.
She stated off with a good flossing. (FYI; she never stays that still for me when I try to do it)
Now the cleaning...
This is where I thought things were going to get a little tricky...x-rays. But she did so good.
X-rays seem to be much better than what I remember. I remember those card board/plastic things that you had to bite down on (and the corners would always dig into the roof of your mouth) and they would position that big camera all around your head and then go out to take a picture. Now they just slip a little disc in your mouth and use a little laser gun looking thing and are done in about 5 seconds. It was pretty impressive.

I am happy to report that everything looked good and she didn't have any cavities.

5 comments:

Rob n Katie' said...

I wish my dentist appointments were that fun and easy. She is so CUTE!

Joneel said...

That daughter of yours is hilarious. Darling post. Made me want to squeeze and hug her.

Sandra said...

I fell in love with Brooklyn's smile the first time I saw her. Now, we know she will always have that beautiful smile because she likes going to the dentist. Fantastic!

Jenn said...

I just absolutely love the way she is grabbing the arms of the chair. It is precious beyond comprehension!!

Ashley said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway! Your blog is really adorable.