I took Courtney to the dentist yesterday for a cleaning. When they did her x-rays they found that she has two rows of teeth. (not sure why her last dentist didn't find this out) Instead of her adult teeth (or as Courtney calls them, her 'mommy teeth') growing up and pushing the baby teeth out, they just make their own row. I realized something was up on Monday when one of her teeth fell out (which had been loose forever because there wasn't anything pushing it up and out) that the adult tooth was there. It was really weir because usually when your
child's tooth falls out you expect to see an empty whole, not a tooth. So anyway I took her in and they wanted her to come back today to take out three more teeth because those adult teeth were on their way in.
As you can probably imagine she was not very excited about this. She started to relax and calm down when I explained to her that they were going to give her medicine so she wouldn't feel any thing. They started out by giving her a 'special drink' that made her feel disoriented and dizzy. Then they hooked her up to the laughing gas, followed by a few shots in the mouth to make sure there wasn't any chance of her feeling anything. There was a
tv in the ceiling so she watched the
Disney channel while all of this was going on. After a few minutes she was done and ready to go. I am very proud of her for being so brave...but it is going to be an expensive night for the
tooth fairy.
Here is her BEFORE picture outside the dentist office.

This was right after she was done and we were getting ready to leave. She was still pretty medicated here.

And this is the AFTER. Every picture I took of her, her eyes were halfway closed so I asked her to try to keep her eyes open big for the picture. (that is why she looks a little scary)
2 comments:
So how much did the toothfairy have to shell out??
That picture of her all medicated was the exact same look Emily had. Kinda cute right?
That' so cute, I love the after, after picture. So much better than when I saw her. Savannah is supposed to have her top teeth out by thte next time we go(we went today) he said if she doesn't they will have to pull them. So I'm making her work on them.
Post a Comment