Sunday, June 10, 2012

Baby update...

I still have 3 1/2 weeks until my due date, but I have been having contractions off and on for the past week. They aren't strong enough to get labor going and come and go. After church today I started having quite a few. As the evening went on they got worse and closer together. My doctor told me that if I have more than 6 contractions in an hour I need to come up to the hospital to get checked. Two hours in a row I had more than 6 contractions each hour so Jeanine and I decided to go up to Labor and Delivery just to be on the safe side. I didn't really feel like it was going to happen, but it was still better just to be checked out. They hooked me up to the monitor for awhile to check my contractions. Later the doctor came in to check me and said that I was 2.5cm dilated and my cervix had thinned 50%. (which is progress from when I was checked on Wednesday) He also did an ultra sound because he wanted to make sure I wasn't leaking any fluids and the baby still had plenty of fluids in his sack, which he does. Since my contractions weren't getting any worse and everything looked good with the baby he said it would be fine for me to go home, but to come back if the contractions get stronger. He said that it could be any time now... So at this point we just wait. I would still really like to make it until my due date but I really don't think that is going to happen.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Wahoo for baby girls, I mean boys :) I am pretty excited for you to have a boy in the house, its fun. The farting. The peeing on the toilet seat, AND walls, AND floor. Don't ask me how they do that but they do. Poor kid has to grow up with 4 mom's. Maybe we will move next door to you so he can hang with my boys :)

Again- This is Sherrie, not Taylor.