Unfortunately Jaxson was not able to stabilize his blood sugar level by himself so they had to move him over to the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit). That was the hardest thing for me to watch as they took my baby away to the NICU. After they got him all settled over there they let me go see him. It was so sad to see him in that little plexiglass case hooked up to all those wires. The people over in the NICU were AMAZING though. They took such good care of him. They stared off by putting an IV of sugar water in his hand to help raise his levels. Evey three hours they would have to do "rounds" on him. They taught me how to do it so that I could help them. I was also able to pump milk out and feed him while he was over there. It was always sad for me when I would go back to my room and not have my baby there, but I have amazing friends who all took turns coming to stay with me so I wouldn't be alone. Having all of them with me made the whole situation much easier to deal with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment