Saturday, July 28, 2012

Courtney's Baptism...

In our church you are able to be baptized when you turn 8 years old. Courtney turned 8 back in March but due to Nick's deployment he wasn't here to baptize her. We gave her the choice, she could either wait until Nick got home (he was supposed to get home on May 2nd) so he can baptize her or we can ask one of our close friends or family members to come baptize her. She was very firm on the decision that she wanted to wait for her dad. With all of his extensions I would ask her again and she kept saying that she did not want to do it without Nick. So the day she had been waiting for for so long finally came. She was so excited. We were able to have several family members come to town to be there with her along with some of our friends. It was a great day. The Hurdsmans were also kind enough to let us use their house to have a bbq afterwards. We would like to thank everyone who shared this special day with us.
 
 I am so glad that she chose to wait for her dad because I know it meant SO much to him... and it will always be something Courtney will remember
 Courtney planned the entire program choosing everyone she wanted to talk, sing, pray... From the first moment when we sat down to start planning it the first thing she said was, "I want Sierra to give one of the prayers" Sierra said yes which I know made Courtney very happy.