Monday, September 29, 2008
Add Another Item To My Resume...
There are many job titles on my resume. I am a mom/care giver, house cleaner, chef, chauffeur, a story teller, nurse, laundry technician, etc... Now after today I get to add gardener. Do to Nick's broken arm our grass out in the front yard has been very neglected. It was getting pretty bad and needed to be cut before we lost one of our children in there. Nick still has 6 weeks to go before he gets his brace off, so today I took matters into my own hands and decided to mow the lawn. Now as a lot of you know this is not really my cup of tea. I have never mowed a lawn in my whole life (I know, pathetic right) but I thought, really how hard could it be. So I drug the mower out of the shed and after getting it all in position realized that I had NO idea how to turn that thing on. Courtney was out there with me trying to tell me what to do but we had no luck. So I did what anyone in my position would do, I called my friend Jenn. She knows how to everything. (I am not kidding, she really does. When I called her she was making her own syrup from scratch. Who knew you could do that?) She tried explaining it to me over the phone and clearly I just wasn't getting it so she loaded her kids up in her van and drove over here to help me start my lawn mower. How awesome is that? If you guys don't have your own 'Jenn' in your life I suggest you get one. You can't have mine though. But we all need a friend we can turn to that will know how to help us. So anyway she came over and started things up for me and off I went. I mowed the lawn and trimmed up the palm tree in the front yard. It is not fantastic by any means, but it looks a lot better than it did and it will make my husband very happy when he comes home. So there is one chore off my list. I still have a bunch of house cleaning I need to do that was neglected over the weekend, but I feel much better getting that out of the way. Here is a look at the finished product. Thanks again Jenn for your help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are sooooo funny! I am really proud of you for having so much determination. Mowing our lawn is actually something I enjoy doing. I can get out a lot of frustrations that way, and it's not a bad work out!! Hopefully you won't have to do it too many more times, though!
Wow! good job! I wish my lawn was still growing. Good ol' Utah weather!
Looks great. I much rather mow the lawn than house cleaning, in fact I'll work outside and leave my house a mess. I like mowing lawns and am a little bummed that our landlord has a gardner. I like it because you can see an end result in your hard work. Unlike house cleaning you may clean and two seconds later it's a mess.
Post a Comment