Friday, December 19, 2008

The Good Ol' Tooth fairy...

I have been meaning to write this post for a week now, but along with everything else in my life right now, it kept getting pushed aside for more important things.

So last week when I picked Kaylee up from she mentioned that her tooth was feeling a little loose. She said, "That sure would be nice if I lost my tooth now huh mom, then I could have some money for Christmas." (That kid is always thinking) So I dropped the kids off at home with their dad while I went off for my daily trip to Home Depot.

When I came back home I was greeted with lots of drama and crying. Kaylee was sobbing so hard she couldn't even talk, so I asked Courtney what was going on. She proceeded to tell me that Kaylee's tooth fell out and she swallowed it, so now she was upset because she thought that meant the tooth fairy was not going to come. So my mommy instincts kicked in and I sat her down and told her that all we would have to do is just draw a picture of the tooth and write a not to the tooth fairy explaining what happened and put the note under her pillow. This instantly cheered her up and the tears dried up.

While she was working hard on her note I went into the kitchen to find out from Nick how all this drama got started. He asked me how I got her to stop crying so I explained it to him and he said, "I tried to tell her the same thing and she wouldn't listen." Sometimes I think moms just have the special touch.

In case you are wondering the tooth fairy did come that night and took Kaylee's note and left four quarters in it's place. I tried put a copy of the note on here but she did it in pencil and it is just not turning out, but here are a couple of pictures of the missing tooth.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

That's so cute. Your right about the mom thing. You know the tooth fairy forgot MichaEL'S tooth 3 nights in a row. (horrible I know) but he got a nice note from the tooth fairy.

Naomi said...

As Nathan would say, "You are a GENIOUS!"