Monday, December 8, 2008

Navy Christmas Party...

In an attempt to get the kids out of the house while construction was going on here I decided to take the kids to the navy Christmas party on Saturday. It was held at the dry side of 32nd street base. We were only there for about 2 hours because I had another busy Saturday ahead of me, but that was plenty of time for the kids to have fun before Brooklyn's nap.


Here they are waiting in line to see Santa. If only Brooklyn knew what she was in line for she would probably not be looking so happy.
They had this group of carolers going around singing. They were really good and it was a nice touch to bring in the Christmas spirit.

And here is the moment we were all waiting for... Brooklyn was less than impressed by Santa, she tried to pull his beard off. As I was taking her off his lap he whispered to me, "um, your baby has a hold of my beard." So after untangling her fingers she was free and back in the safety of her stroller. (side note: she had an even better reaction to "Santa round 2" at our ward Christmas party, but I didn't have my camera so as soon as I get a hold of a copy of that picture I will post it)

They had a big section of grass where they had snow brought in (I have no idea where they got snow in San Diego) so the kids could have a snow ball fight. The girls loved this part, any excuse they get to throw something at each other with out getting in trouble is a hit.





They also had these horse drawn carriage rides. I asked my girls if they wanted to wait in line and ride on it, but they saw the Lumpia stand and they were more interested in that. That's my girls, always choosing food first...


Here is Brooklyn really happy to be away from Santa. (if you click on the picture you can see her teeth. She has one on the bottom and one on the opposite side on the top so she looks kinda funny, but cute)

Last but not least, what party would be complete with out a little fun on a jumper. Can't you just see the delight on Courtney's face.


Now she is getting into the fun.


4 comments:

Naomi said...

Looks like that navy party was way better than the one we went to. Ours was at Admiral Baker.

Moses Family - The Burning Bush said...

I looks like you guys had a blast! I love all the activites at this time of year!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the reminder to e-mail you the pic :)

Jenn said...

So I take it there will be no Santa at her 1st birthday bash?!