Monday, December 8, 2008

We Have Cabinets!!

We have had more kitchen progress completed over the weekend. I still don't have any appliances, and I am still doing dishes in the bathroom sink, but I HAVE CABINETS! I am excited to see them up on the wall and out of my living room floor.

Here is Nick painting the walls Friday night. He wasn't thrilled with my color choice at first, but now he likes it.
It was getting pretty late so he was entertaining himself to help him get the job done.

Saturday morning Nick and Ryan started installing the cabinets.





Here is what it looks like this morning. We don't have any of the crown molding up yet, but you can still get the idea of what it will look like.




This is the little "cubby" they built by pushing the wall into the garage. The pantry and refrigerator will go here.

This is a front view of the kitchen while stand in the door way. This is my favorite picture because you can see where my dishwasher is going to go which means no longer standing at the sink forever doing dishes by hand, woo hoo!



John and Dave (aka. Bishop) put all the drywall up on this wall. I was so excited to see this because Nick told me I was going to have to wait a long time to actually get the drywall up. It is nice to see things coming together.

Thanks everyone for your help.

7 comments:

Moses Family - The Burning Bush said...

Candi they look awesome you guys are going to have a beautiful kitchen in the end!

Jenn said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the updated photos :) I know why Dave keeps telling me I need to see it now :)

Sharon said...

How exciting it's looking so good. It will be fun to see the finished project what a huge difference it's making.

Joneel said...

WOW, I can't wait to see the final product. I bet you'll LOVE it.

Jenn said...

That green you saw in my house must have really made an impression on you huh?! :)

Jenn said...

p.s. NICE WORK GUYS!!!!

Nicole Shelby said...

it looks good...and the pictures don't do it justice! i know it probably doesn't seem so to you - but i think the work is progressing rapidly!

when my mom did her kitchen, they had a camping style kitchen on their front porch for almost a year.

i'm amazed at how cheerfully you function, and talk about dishes in the bathroom as no big thing. but, i guess with your man working so hard for you, the leas t you can do is approach it all with a sense of adventure, no?