Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yummy Salad...


I have been so excited and determined this summer that I was going to grow my own food. I am starting off slow, but at least I have started something. Today I finally got to reap the benefits of my hard work. Now just to give a little back story as to why I am doing this post. When I first started my little garden my friend Gina was over, and she shares my gardening excitement, so we were talking about it. Nick and Ryan asked the question, "so other than the fact that it is kinda fun to say that you grew your own vegetables, whats the point? You are going to end up with enough for like a salad or something, is that really worth it?" Well here is the answer. I got enough for my salad, and it was TOTALLY worth it. :) Not to mention the fact that it was really yummy. I can't wait to get more.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

It's so worth it isn't it?

Gina said...

My garden is dying...I don't think it's gotten enough sunshine. BUT - I'm not giving up on a real garden for next year. And I'm so glad that you get to enjoy your tomato. :-)

Rob n Katie' said...

YEAH!!!!! you did it. Even if it is just one salad it is worth it (SMILE).

Jenn said...

That sure looks like a juicy red tomato! Way to go!! Too much work for me tho :)

Naomi said...

The satisfaction of doing something like that is totally worth it! Even if it wasn't as good as it looks!

Sandra said...

Congratulations! You inspire me.