Saturday, September 18, 2010
The best 8 minutes EVER!
Today was a special day for our family. Today Nick was officially pinned as a chief. They had a big ceremony on board his ship. The transition from first class to chief is a really big deal in the navy. Since we couldn't be there to take part in this special ceremony the navy arranged for us to go to base and have a VTC (video tele conference) so we didn't feel completely left out of everything. It was really cool because this is our 4th deployment and it's the first time we have got to do one of these so it was pretty special for me. Each family got to spend 8 minutes in a room talking to their sailor. That probably doesn't seem like very long, but I will take what I can get and it seriously was the best 8 minutes ever. The time did go by pretty fast but at least we were able to see and talk with each other and the girls were able to talk to their dad, which is something we were all needing.

Tonight at dinner it was Brooklyn's turn to say the blessing, she said "please bless my daddy that he will be safe in the tv." :) Poor girl is so confused. I'm going to have to have a little talk with her and explain that daddy isn't really living inside the tv. It was really cute though. Although it was sad saying goodbye to him, I am very grateful for the time we had and feel very blessed and happy that I was able to hear his voice again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome!!! YEA!!! Chief Hunter! Woot, woot!!
How fun! So glad you guys were able to participate.
Post a Comment