Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sleeping Beauty...

The other day one of my friends gave me a box of clothes that her daughter had grown out of for Brooklyn to have. Brooklyn was so excited and every time she would pull something out of the box she would say, "OH LOOK WHAT SYDNEY GAVE ME!!" in her most excited voice. At the bottom of the box was a special little treasure in Brooklyn's eyes, there was the beautiful church dress that Brooklyn admires on Sydney every time she wears it to church. Her excitement level about went thru the roof when she pulled that on and she immediately began ripping her clothes off so she could try it on. I was trying to get her ready for bed at the time so I figured she could just try it on real quick and then slip some pj's on and off to bed. Well apparently Brooklyn had a different plan. After I was done getting the other girls ready for bed I went back to Brooklyn (who was still twirling in the living room) and tried to take the dress off so I could get her ready for bed. You would have thought I just cut her arm off with the drama that followed. She was crying so hard and begging to sleep in the dress, while holding her arms tight around her waist so I couldn't get it over her head. Finally I decided that it wasn't worth all the drama and I let her sleep in her new prized possession. Sometimes the fight just isn't worth it. :) So she was a little sleeping beauty for the night.

The only way I was able to get this dress of her the next day was when I told her that we would not go to the park to play with her friends if she did not change her dress, that seemed to do the trick. Gotta love girlie girls! :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

She looks so CUTE!!! :)