Kaylee: "Uh HI mom"
Me: "Hi Kaylee what's up?"
Kaylee: "Umm did you know that today is a minimum day at school?"
Me: "NO!" (as a rush of loserness washed over my body)
Kaylee: "Yeah well it is and Courtney and I have been waiting outside for a really long time for
you." (I'm sure they had since school had gotten out 30 minutes before and I had no
idea that my kids were just sitting outside)
Me: "Oh Kaylee I'm so sorry. I'm on my way right now."
Kaylee: "Don't worry mom, see you soon." (Seriously, can she be any sweeter!)
I didn't realize that due to parent teacher conferences that for the rest of this week (starting today) and next week they will have minimum schedules. (Why they start this in the middle of the week I have no idea) So the whole way to school I was feeling really bad. It made me feel slightly better when I pulled up to the school and saw about 40 other kids whose loser parents forgot to pick them up too. When Kaylee got in the car she said, "Oh mom that's nothing, you should see the line of kids in the office that are waiting to call their parents." It made me smile the way she said it. Hopefully this won't happen again, but at least my kids are understanding when it does.
5 comments:
Your not a loser!! Your a very busy mom that has a million things on your mind!! I think your kids have probably already forgot about it and think you are the BEST mom ever!!
Dave says you're a slacker :) Seriously, why would they start minimum schedule on a Thurdsay?!?! But I have to admit you just amde me check my school calendar to figure out when our minimum days are for parent/teacher conferences.
Don't worry, I anticipate having many, many, MANY of these sorts of moments since my short term memory is pretty much non-existent!
Welcome to the club! :)
Don't be so hard on yourself, everyone has done it at least once!! But your post did make me chuckle... thanks!
Post a Comment