Saturday, April 14, 2012
11 Years and counting...
11 years ago I married the most amazing man. We have grown so much together as a couple thru these years and I love him very much. Unfortunately Nick was not able to here to celebrate do to his deployment schedule, but that doesn't mean this day is any less important to us. Jeanine was very sweet and decided to take me out to dinner to celebrate anyway. When I got in her car she had roses and a card waiting on my seat. In the card it said, "So... these are the flowers I thought Nick might pick out and this is the card he could have picked out. Now here is what I think he would say: 'Candi, Happy Anniversary babe. I love you so much. You're the Gatorade to my cookies. (that's an inside joke I'll explain some other time) Thank you for the past 11 years. They have been the best years of my life. You are an amazing wife and a wonderful mother. And your friend Jeanine is pretty cool too. I can't wait for the next 11 years, and the eleven after that. And eternity! Happy Anniversary. XOXO Nick' " I thought that was pretty funny and probably summed up a lot of what Nick would have wanted to say. We ended up going to this really nice restaurant downtown where we ate literally some of the best food I have ever put in my mouth. At the end of our meal the waiter brought us out a special anniversary desert. I'm pretty sure he thought it was mine and Jeanine's anniversary we were celebrating because he kept looking back and forth between us and then said "congratulations!" It was pretty funny.
I can't wait for Nick to get home so him and I can go out and celebrate as well. Happy Anniversary Nick, I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment