Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter...

We had a really great Easter this year. It was very low key and relaxing the way it should be. The night before as I was putting the girls to bed we talked about the true meaning of Easter and I was very pleased that they had remembered everything that we had told them in the past and knew exactly what we are celebrating and that it's not just a day for candy and bunnies.

In the morning when they woke up they found their baskets waiting for them on the table.
They each got a new movie which they we quite pleased about.
After breakfast the Kaylee and Courtney decided to cuddle up on the couch to watch a movie and look thru one of their new books.
After they were already for church we went outside to look for eggs. They all had a blast doing this, but nobody more than Brooklyn. She thought running around finding eggs was the coolest thing that she had every done in her whole life. She laughed and was excited about every single egg she found. I was very proud of my older two girls because they could see how much fun Brooklyn was having and after all the eggs were found and Brooklyn got a sad look on her face they would say "look over there" and as she was looking in the opposite direction they would drop a few of their eggs out of their baskets and say "Brooklyn I see some right here". Brooklyn didn't know that they had done that, she was just excited and would run over and pick up some more eggs. I saw them doing that for her several times (and that is something they came up with on their own) and it just made me so proud of them for wanting to make their little sister happy. They really are good girls.
Here is what they ended up with.
My brother had sent these dresses to the girls from Hawaii and so I wanted to get one last picture of them before we went off to church.
It really was a fun day and I am so grateful to be blessed with such an amazing family.

No comments: