Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference...

Twice a year we are blessed to have General Conference. That is where instead of going to church we get to stay home and watch amazing talks given by our general authorities and other church leaders. I love listening to all the talks and feeling the spirit in our home. It can sometimes be hard for the girls to sit still that long without getting distracted by their toys or other things around the house. Every year I try and do something to keep them focused on the talks such as activity packs or other work sheets that they have to answer questions to based on the different talks. This year I tried something different. I set out six bowls with different candies in them. I let the girls pick out and write down six words that they thought they might here during conference (they chose: temple, missionaries, Jesus Christ, scriptures, Gospel, and baptism) then we put one word on each bowl and every time they heard one of the speakers say that word they got to have one piece of candy from that bowl. The girls thought it was awesome and they listened to the whole conference so intently to make sure they didn't miss out on any of their candies. They liked this idea so much that they are already making their list for next conference of what words they want to use and putting in requests for which candies they want in the bowl. :)

There are two conference sessions so in between the sessions the girls went outside and Kaylee painted Brooklyn's face to look like a puppy dog.

No comments: