Friday, April 27, 2012
Rough recovery...
Poor Kaylee has had such a rough recovery from her tonsil surgery. She never complains, actually she hardly talks because she says it hurts too much to talk. But I have hardly been able to get her to eat or drink anything. She wont even take her pain medicine for me. I'm lucky to get about 3 or 4 oz of food or liquid down her a day. She was clearly getting very dehydrated and started looking very sickly so I had to take her back to the hospital in hopes that they can help her hydrate. She was so weak that she fell asleep on one of the tables in the waiting room. After over 6 hours at the hospital I was a little disappointed when all they did for her was hand her a cup of water and some ice chips, I could have done that myself. They had a long talk with her though and told her that if she did not start eating and drinking tomorrow that she would have to come back in for an IV. Since she hates needles so much that seemed to do the trick because they next day she finally started eating and drinking more and started getting her color back in her face. Now I think we are on the right road to a good recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment