Monday, March 12, 2012

The difference between two sisters...

It's that time of year when Brooklyn had to go in for her 4 year check up and this time she needed 3 immunization shots. There isn't much that Brooklyn is afraid of, she is a pretty tough girl. So when the nurse came in to give her the shots she asked me if I could come over and hold her still while she gets her shots. I told her that she didn't need to be held down that she wouldn't move. So I told Brooklyn to just sit on her hands and let the nurse give her her shots. She sat there and let the nurse do her job without moving a single muscle. She liked watching her give the hots. She handled it like a champ...

Kaylee on the other hand is very afraid of needles and shots. She heard the nurse telling me that Brooklyn was good on her shots now (other than yearly flu shots) until she turns 11. Kaylee looked at me and asked if that meant she would have to get shots when she turns 11 too. When I told her yes she immediately burst into tears right there in the office, even though she doesn't turn 11 for like another 9 months. She cried almost the entire way home. Hopefully she won't spend the next 9 months worrying about these shots.

No comments: