Saturday, March 17, 2012

Earring Surprise...

Nick had set a rule for our girls when Kaylee was little that she wasn't aloud to have her ears pierced until she turned 8. Ever since Kaylee had gotten her ears pierced Courtney has been asking to get hers done. Today when my friend Jenn mentioned that she was going to take her daughter, Sierra, to get her ears pierced today I decided to take Courtney to have hers done as well. Courtney tends to get really nervous about things so I thought it would help her to have her friend there with her. We didn't tell the girls what we were doing at the mall until we to the jewelry store. Both of them were really nervous at first and not sure if they were ready for this (even though they have both been asking for this forever). Neither of them wanted to be the first one to get it done. I finally convinced Courtney to go first with the promise of letting her pick out some earrings to buy that she can change into after the six week healing process. I could tell when she got up in the chair that she was a bit scared because I noticed her hands shaking. She cried a little after the lady finished putting the second one in, but all in all she took it much better than I thought she would. I finding her looking at them in the mirror now so I think she is pretty happy she got it done. (and for the record the ear piercing guns have come a long way since I had mine done a long time ago. I remember a big metal gun that makes a loud popping sound when they pull the trigger. Now they have this little plastic gun that is so quiet I only knew that she had pulled the trigger because of the look I saw on Courtney's face)

Here is there before picture... All smiles for the time being.
About to get the left ear done...
Now time for the right ear. (she was really working hard to keep the tears in between ears, but after that second ear she just couldn't hold it in anymore)
TADA!!! She decided to pick out her birthstone earrings.
After a few minutes they were both all smiles again.
After Courtney got her ears done and we were waiting for Sierra to finish hers Courtney said to me, "Dad is going to be so mad at you for letting me get my ears pierced before I turned 8." Please, like I'm afraid of her dad! :) Besides she is going to be 8 in a week and a half so it's not like I am breaking the rule by that much.

No comments: