Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mother Of The Year Goes To... ME!!!

Here is how a typical afternoon goes for me. I pick Courtney up from school at 2:25 and then I go pick Kaylee up from school at 2:40 (they do not go to the same school so if I am ever running late it throws everything off) except on Fridays when it is minimum day for Kaylee and she gets out at 1:30. So today I was getting Brooklyn in her car seat at 2:15 (right on schedule) to go pick up Courtney when my phone rang and it was one of Kaylee's friends from school calling to talk to her. When I told her that Kaylee was still at school she sounded very surprised but said okay and hung up. Now I thought that was rather odd that her friend would already be calling when school didn't get out for another hour, so I decided to call the school to see what was going on. They informed me that the rest of this week and all of next week is minimum day due to parent teacher conferences. Which would mean that at this time Kaylee had been sitting outside for almost an hour waiting for me. So I zoomed up to her school and on my way the school finally called me to tell me she was waiting up there for the past hour (obviously the lady I spoke with to tell I was on my way did not communicate with the person making phone calls) I was just really surprised that they waited and hour to call all the parents who forgot their kids, I would think they would have done it much sooner than that. So this is how it happened. Last week I had an automated call on my cell phone telling me that starting Wednesday it would be a reduced week, but I was driving when they called so I couldn't write it down which meant that I completely forgot about it. I felt like the worst mother ever the whole way up there, although it did make me feel slightly better when I saw the big group of kids who's parents also forgot them, it is just a feeling that makes you feel really bad. So that is my mother of the year story. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Here is a picture of Kaylee looking sad because her mom forgot to pick her up... Poor Kaylee.


2 comments:

Joneel said...

Oh, I'll tell you my story. I was really tired when Julie was in Kindergarten one day. So I took a nap. Usually I woke up in time, but not this one day. It killed me to wake up, look at my watch and see that I'd missed picking up my daughter at the bus stop. They took her back to the school, and I called the school on my way up. It was only about 15 minutes past the time, but MAN, I don't know if I'll ever live that one down.

Jenn said...

At least you send her to school!