Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Activity Days Tash Clean Up...

Yesterday while we were at Seal Beach Kaylee was sneezing and coughing the whole time we were there. She kept me up half the night coughing too, so I decided she was best to just stay home from school today and just rest. This afternoon when I mentioned to here that tonight was her activity days night and that they were planning on going to the park to pick up trash, she was very disappointed when I told her that since it has been raining most of the day and really cold I thought it would be best if she just stayed home. At 5:45 when she finished dinner she looked at me and said, "Mom I feel totally better, can I PLEASE go to my activity?" I told her that I would find out if the plan was to still go to the park and if they were planning on staying in somewhere then I would take her, but if they were going to be outside she probably shouldn't go. She said, "Well I only want to go if I can help pick up trash." What??? She sure never says anything like that when I ask her to help clean up at home. It turned out that they were still planning on going to the park and she begged me to let her go... so I did. We were supposed to meet at the church at 6:00 but there was no way I was going to make that so I just took her straight to the park. All the other kids had already started picking up trash so she just jumped right in there to help out.



Here is the whole group with their bags of trash. It was SO cold out there, but I never heard anyone complaining. (well except for me :)! ) Courtney even pitched in and helped even though she is not old enough for activity days yet.
Brooklyn on the other hand was much more interested in playing than picking up garbage.

It turned out to be a really good activity and gave the kids great experience in service and keeping our environment clean. When we got back in the car Kaylee told me, "I'm really glad we were able to come tonight."

No comments: