
We had a little bit of crazy excitement added to our Easter Sunday. Our day started off really good. The girls got up and we celebrated Easter together (I will post pictures later, my memory card is stuck in my camera). Then while I made a nice breakfast, Nick built us a fire and we all sat down to watch general conference on tv.
*Side Note: This is the first time EVER we have been able to watch conference in our own house. We have always gone to the stake center or to a friends house. So I was super excited that we could actually watch it at home.
Okay back to my story. So after the first session I worked on getting our Easter dinner ready because we were going to eat early since Nick had to go to work at 3:00. After the second session was over the girls and I made up a plate of food to take to my mom with some of our left overs. She lives in downtown San Diego which is about a 15 min drive from my house. As we were driving Nick calls me and said, "Are you at home?" I tell him no, and he quickly replies with, "We are having a really bad earthquake right now and I might have to evacuate this building. I'll call you back when it's over." About 5 seconds later I stopped at a stop light about two blocks from my moms house, when all of a sudden my entire car started shaking. It felt like someone had jumped on top of my van and was shaking it as hard as the could trying to knock it over. (I know this probably isn't the thought I should have been worrying about at the time, but this is what I was thinking, "Man I really hope my car doesn't tip over because I am still in my pj's and I don't have a bra on." I know it may sound shallow, but it's crazy what thoughts go thru your mind sometimes) All of the traffic lights started shaking and bouncing like they were about to fall off the post any minute, but thankfully they didn't. I explained to the girls what was happening and when it was all over this was their response, "That was AWESOME!! Can we do that again?" To their disappointment we have not felt any of the aftershocks.
The earthquake hit in Mexico about 110 miles from TJ and was felt all the way up to LA. It was a 6.9 which is the biggest one I think I have experienced. It was certainly an interesting ending to our day. I am just really glad that nobody was hurt.
3 comments:
Your girls are too funny! And the bra comment made me laugh out loud!
LOVE the bra comment, you are too funny. Glad you guys are okay!
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! Glad you didn't have to get out of the car:)
Does this mean you got cable?
Post a Comment