Friday, April 16, 2010

Oh what a day...

What a sad looking little girl...

So this is how my day started... I got up early and got myself showered and dressed before the kids got up because I had a lot to do today and I wanted to make sure I gave mayself enough time to get it all done. Everything was going according to my plan until it was time to leave to take the girls to school. I hadn't gotten Brooklyn dressed yet but I figured that would be okay because we were coming right back to the house because I was babysitting for one of my friends so I could just get her dressed when we got back. So the girls wen out the door to get into the car while I grabbed my phone and my purse. I saw them all sitting nicely in the car (which is rare) so I figured that since they were in the car they had the car keys, so I locked the front door and went out to join them. BOY WAS I WRONG! As soon as I shut the front door the Courtney told me, "We didn't grab the keys, we just unlocked the car and left the keys hanging on the hook." Ooops! So now we were locked out and school was starting in 15 minutes. That's when Courtney sat down on the front steps with her sad face. She was so worried about being late for school and getting in trouble.
I called my friend Sharon and she came to my rescue. She picked us all up and took the girls to school. Then she took me over to my friend Jenn's house to pick up her daughter since I was supposed to be babysitting. While I was there I had to borrow some close for Brooklyn to wear since I was a loser mom and left her in her pj's. Nick has been working at a different base this week because he has been going to a school there, so Sharon said she would take me out there to get the house key from him. We found the base with no problem, but he wouldn't return my call to let me know where he was. We drove all around that base until we found his truck...but I still couldn't found him. Then I found out that we was going to be stuck in a sim until 10:30 so Sharon said we could just go back to her house to wait for him. Finally after almost 4 hours of being locked out he was able to get off work and let us back into the house. I can only hope that the day gets better from here... :)

1 comment:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

OH that is SOOO sad!! What a "no-good-very-bad-day" type of morning! Hope it started getting better after that! :)