Saturday, April 24, 2010

"I'm A Big Girl Now"...

Brooklyn has been asking for the past couple of weeks if she could sleep in a 'big girl bed'. I have been in the process of switching Kaylee into Brooklyn's room and moving Brooklyn into Courtney's room. It has taken me much longer than it really should have because I got busy with other things and started losing motivation. So tonight when I was putting the girls to bed she did NOT want to get into her crib, she insisted on sleeping in the big girl bed. I had a little talk with and explained that it is fine for her to sleep in the big bed but she can not get up and play, she would need to stay in there and sleep until morning time. She agreed and happily climbed into bed. To my surprise she did not get up at all and feel asleep with no problems. She looks so cute and little in that big bed. My little girl is growing up.


Doesn't she look so little in there?

I had to throw one in there of Courtney sleeping too!
I was a little worried that she may roll out of the bed since she is not used to it so I put the bean bag chair and pillows around it. I'm sure she will be fine...but better safe than sorry.
Now I just hope that she sleeps all the way thru that night and does not get up and wander around the house. We shall see...

3 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

Soooooooo cute! She DOES look so teeny! Three questions: Where'd you get your bunk beds, do you like them, and what are those bookshelves made out of (the ones next to each of the bunks)?? I love them and want to put some up for my girls asap! :)

Sherrie said...

She is NOT big enough to be in bunk beds...really. Wasn't she just born like 4 months ago?:)

Nicole Shelby said...

I can't believe how big your girls are! Beautiful. Plus - those rain gutter bookshelves are genius. Looks like like is good!