Saturday, August 7, 2010

Fishing with Dad...

I think this is what Kaylee was looking forward the most to out of the whole trip. She had been talking about going fishing with her dad from the moment she found out we were going to be going camping. Nick showed the girls how to bate their hooks the first time and from then on they were able to bate their own.

I think the first night we went fishing the girls didn't have a clear understanding how this was going to work. They expected to get a fish the second the dropped their hooks in the water, and they were not really into the idea of waiting for them to bite. They pretty much would just cast their line and after about 5 seconds bring it back up so they could cast it again.

But by the second day of fishing they had the hang of it. On this day we went early in the morning right after breakfast so they were much more patient.
Nick was the first one to catch a fish, but before he was even fished taking the hook out of his fishes mouth Kaylee started yelling "I think I got one!!!!"
Sure enough she did. She was so excited until we told her we would not be able to bring it back to San Diego with us to be her new pet. Since we don't really eat fish we just let them both go back in the river to live with their families. (or until the next fisherman comes along)

No comments: