This evening for our family home evening activity I decided to take the girls on little drive thru our past. We drove around town and I showed them all the places we used to live in San Diego and remembered stories about each place. I actually turned out to be pretty fun because most of these places I hadn't seen in a really long time and it brought back lots of memories.
Our very first apartment after we got married was down in south Chula Vista called Stratford Arms. Nick got this apartment for us the week before we got married so I didn't really get to see it until I moved down here. It was just a little one bedroom apartment with nothing too exciting about it, but some of my favorite memories took place in this apartment complex. We met some of our best friends here and had a lot of fun. There were also some crazy people that made it pretty fun too. (Our manager used to walk around in her moo moo and shot gun) When Kaylee was 7 months old we decided that our little one bedroom apartment was getting too crowded for all of us and it was time to upgrade.

Our Apartment was the bottom unit on the left side of the picture.

So we moved into Eucalyptus Grove apartments. This complex was much bigger, and nicer than our last one, but in the two years that we lived there we never really made any friends with our neighbors like we did in the last complex so it was a little sad for me. Luckily our friends were still close so we saw them all the time. We staying in this two bedroom apartment until after we had Courtney and decided that once again we were getting crowded and needed more space.

We LOVED these corner windows because they let so much light into our apartment. Ours was the bottom set of windows right above the garage.

When Courtney was 3 months old we moved into this house in Bonita. On the outside it looks kinda small, but on the inside it is really big and it's on a half acre of land so we had a lot of room in the back yard for the girls to play. It didn't really look like this when we lived there. They put a new garage door on, repainted and stucco, and planted these little trees in the front yard. Do to the navy springing a surprise deployment on us we only ended up living in this house for about 3 months.

From there the girls and I moved over seas to Singapore with Nick's parents while Nick was on his deployment. For obvious travel reasons I was not able to take any pictures of the house we lived in there. :)
We moved back to the states shortly before Nick returned from his deployment and moved into military housing. This was probably the nicest of all the houses we lived in. It was big, spacious, and had lots of storage in it. There was a playground right out behind our house which made it really nice for the girls. We would probably still be living there if we hadn't decided that we really wanted to buy our own house.

And this is where we are now. We have been here for four years. About a year and a half after we moved in Brooklyn came to join our family so this is the only house she has ever lived in.

While we were on this little journey the girls decided that it was about time for us to move again, but I'm content staying put for a little bit longer. I think the girls really enjoyed seeing all the places they used to live since they don't really have many memories of them, but they were disappointed when I told them that we would not be able to go inside and look around. :)
2 comments:
How fun! That is such a great idea for fhe!! I think that next you should move maybe to Arizona? Possibly to Pima? haha that would be a GREAT adventure!!
aww how fun I remember the house in our old Bonita ward!
Post a Comment