Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Baby Is Crazy!...

Sorry, but there is no picture for this post so I will have to 'paint the picture' the best I can. It all started tonight when we went to our friends house for dinner. We had really good food and after we were done eating the adults just sat around the table talking while the kids went off to play. The couches in their living room are not up against any walls. So Brooklyn being the crazy kid that she is decided to make up a little game. She took a little kid stool and pushed it up against the back of the couch where she would then climb up the back of the couch and throw herself over and land on the cushions. She thought this was great fun and kept doing it several times so she could relive the excitement. Well eventually she got bored with that, and the dare devil that she is, decided it was time to try doing it the other way. So she climbed up on the couch and positioned herself on the back of the couch with the intent of jumping off and landing on the floor. We told her not to do this, that she would get hurt, but that just seemed to make it even more fun for her. As you can probably see where this is going, she jumped off the couch anyway and landed right on her face. Her bottom lip was still a little fat from last weeks 'stroller incident' so when I saw all the blood coming from her mouth I was worried that she opened that wound back up. She wouldn't really let me look at it though. So I took her over to my friends house because her husband is an oral surgeon (he's the one who fixed her up last week) to have her checked out. It turns out that she knocked her front two teeth loose and now she can't eat any solid food for 3 weeks until they fuse back together. Luckily she still didn't need any stitches. I don't know how she manages to keep hurting herself, but so far has never needed any stitches. She is definitely the most adventurous of my 3 children and the most curious. She is only a year and a half so I have a feeling that this is only the beginning...

4 comments:

Kim and Corey Nasfell said...

OH NO!!! Good thing she didn't knock them out altogether! That silly Brooklyn!! Wow, you're going to have to get creative with trying to find three weeks worth of soft stuff for her to eat! Good luck!

Naomi said...

That is SCARY! I'm sure your heart was just pounding! Glad she's okay!

Gina said...

That was a bit of fright...so glad she didn't lose those teeth. I hope you guys have really good health insurance and keep your awesome connections to the medical personnel becuase I'm sure this is just the beginning of many fun injuries... :-)

Sharon said...

She just keeps us entertained!