Monday, September 14, 2009

Thanksgiving in September...

I have had a turkey in my freezer for a little while and decided that it was time to cook that little guy up. So Ryan, Gina and Eva came over and we had ourselves a little Thanksgiving dinner. It was so good. After dinner I was trying to figure out why Thanksgiving day always seems like it takes so much work and planning to get it all done. This dinner seemed like it all came together so fast with not much work. Since I have to go to church so early in the morning, I just had Nick throw the turkey in my roasting pan and plug it in before he left. Then when I got home I just threw together a few sides and we were good to go. It was really yummy and fun. The girls wanted to make it look nice and fancy so I let them get the nice china out of the china cabinet and they even made name tags for everyone's seats. It was fun to get together, and there is no reason to wait until November to celebrate all we have to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Agreed. It was super yummy. The next Thanksgiving Sunday will be at our house. :-)

T.J. Shelby said...

I'm so jealous...tell Nick and Ryan I miss them!