Here she is giving herself her medicine... she is also very independent.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
A Walk in the Park...
While we were out for a walk today Brooklyn decided to climb out of her seat belt and stand up in the stroller. I kept telling her to sit down because she was going to fall. She was also bending down with her hand out flat so she could feel the tire on her hand. I stopped a few times to set her back down, which would last about 5 or ten minutes before she would pop back up and say, "HI MOMMY!" Well sure enough about half way threw our walk we hit a little bump and Brooklyn fell right out onto her face. She was bleeding quite a bit from her mouth and my friend and I notice that her lip was cut on the inside and on the outside so we thought that her tooth had gone all the way threw. Luckily my friends husband is an oral surgeon at the navy hospital so he told her to have me bring Brooklyn right to him so I wouldn't have to wait in the ER waiting room for 6 hours. He took me right in and got her all checked out. Luckily the tooth didn't go all the way threw. She must have had her lip sucked in a little bit and she bit it using her top and bottom teeth at the same time, but not hard enough to make it go all the way threw. So thankfully she didn't need to get stitches because it was already starting to close on it's own. He gave her some antibiotics to help prevent any infections. I have to bring her back next week for a follow up just to make sure every thing still looks good, but he said it should heal just fine. It sure is nice have a hook up there, that was my fastest Balboa visit EVER! Hopefully she has learned her lesson, but for those of you who really know Brooklyn knows that she is really strong willed...so we shall see.
Here she is giving herself her medicine... she is also very independent.
She wouldn't let me get a good picture of the actual cut, but you can see her fat lip in this one.
Here she is giving herself her medicine... she is also very independent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor thing, I didn't notice her fat lip before, but obviously it would swell. She is still cute with a fat lip. Oh and Drew totally knows your car. He said as you pulled away "My babys car!"
That is one tough kid. I wouldn't worry to much about her, she is going to be a strong, independent young lady.
Poor baby! Ouchie! Azure cut her lip in the EXACT same spot in the EXACT same way (falling...not necessarily out of the stroller though) TWICE within a month's time right around the same age that Brooklyn is. I thought for sure she would need stitches because of all the tons of blood. Poor little Brookie!
Post a Comment